Over the past 60+ years, LRFA has grown to become one of the largest and most economically stable Latvian organizations in North America. Membership is open to all U.S. residents.
By joining LRFA, you receive valuable benefits for you and your family and support a charitable nonprofit organization. You are eligible to enroll in any of our benefit plans.
Anyone who has been a member for at least one year can apply for financial grants from our Emergency Assistance Plan, apply for Scholarships to Latvian educational and cultural programs,
and can receive a welcome gift after the birth of a child.
There are two types of membership:
- Annual Membership:
Annual members pay regular dues once a year, to keep their membership active and remain eligible for benefits.
- Lifetime Membership:
Lifetime members pay a one-time enrollment fee in place of the annual dues and are guaranteed eligibility for Emergency Assistance grants and Scholarships for life.
There are several great benefits to joining LRFA!
- Monthly email newsletter to keep in touch with the latest news and events
- Apply for scholarships for you and your children to attend Latvian summer camps & cultural events
- Receive a monetary gift for the birth of a child
- Apply for financial grants to cover your losses during a natural disaster (e.g., hurricanes, flooding, tornados, etc)
- Shortened or no waiting period when applying for any of our affordable Benefit Plans
If you wish to enroll in one of our many benefit plans, those costs are paid separately. You can enroll in any time after becoming a member. Participation in benefit plans is entirely optional and open to current LRFA members only.
Besides serving the direct everyday needs of our members, LRFA supports other organizations and events that support Latvian education and culture. See more about our Charitable Works and Scholarship program.
To become a member, please apply online or download and complete our Membership Application form.
To request information about Membership or specific Benefit Plans, use our Information Request Form.