Your privacy is very important to us. We keep our membersص health information private as required by law and our own policies. This notice explains our online information practices and the way your information is collected and used, both onlline and otherwise. This notice explains the following policies:
- Your Health Information
- Online Privacy
Your Health Information
This section describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed for normal business operations. Please review it carefully.
We may collect, use and communicate information about you for health care payment and operations, or when we are allowed or required by law to do so.
For Payment Purposes: We use and disclose information about you to manage your plan enrollment or benefits and to pay claims for health care you receive through your plan. For example, we keep information about your monthly fees and your enrollment status in the plans. We may also provide information to a doctor’s office to confirm your benefits, or we may ask a hospital for details about your treatment so that we may review and pay the claim for your care.
To Your Family or Person Designated by You: We may disclose your medical information, with your verbal permission in circumstances where it is impracticable to get your written permission, to a family member or other person designated by you to the extent necessary to help with your benefit request or with payment to keep your enrollment in plans active. We may use or disclose your name, location, and general condition or death to notify, or assist in the notification of (including identifying or locating), a person involved in your care.
Before we disclose your medical information to a person involved in your health care or payment for your health care, we will provide you with an opportunity to object to such uses or disclosures. If you are not present, or in the event of your incapacity or an emergency, we will disclose your medical information based on our professional judgment of whether the disclosure would be in your best interest.
As Allowed or Required by Law: Information about you may be shared for oversight activities required or allowed by law; for judicial or administrative proceedings; with public health authorities; for law enforcement purposes; with coroners, funeral directors or medical examiners (about decedents); for research purposes; to avert a serious threat to health or safety; for specialized government functions; for workers’ compensation purposes; and to respond to requests from the Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Authorization: We will get your written permission before we use or share your protected health information for any other purpose, unless otherwise stated in this notice. You may withdraw this permission at any time, in writing. We will then stop using your information for that purpose. However, if we have already used or shared your information based on your authorization, we cannot undo any actions we took before you withdrew your permission.
Your Rights: Under current federal privacy regulations, you have the right to:
– see or get a copy of certain information that we have about you, or ask that we correct your personal information that you believe is missing or incorrect. If someone else (such as your doctor) gave us the information, we will let you know so you can ask him or her to correct it.
– ask us not to use your health information for payment or health care operations activities. We are not required to agree to these requests.
– ask us to communicate with you about health matters using reasonable alternative means or at a different address, if communications to your home address could endanger you.
– receive a list of disclosures of your health information that we make, except when: you have authorized the disclosure; the disclosure is made for treatment, payment or health care operations; or the law otherwise restricts the accounting.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows the error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
The Information We Collect
This section applies to all information collected or submitted to LRFA via the LRFA website (www.lrfa.org). We use the information you provide about yourself within LRFA to answer your questions and provide you with better service, or with others who need it to provide service for you and to do insurance business.
How We Use Information You Submit Online:
LRFA maintains this website for your information, education, and communication. All benefit plans described on this site are administered by LRFA. On some pages, you can request benefit information and contact LRFA. Your personal information is only submitted to us when you choose to provide this information on a form or email. Examples of personal information collected at these pages are: Name, Address, Email address, Phone number. If you request literature on our website, the information you submit will be used to fulfill your request and improve our website.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website. For example, we may track that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of people from a certain state requested a particular brochure, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Please be aware that other web sites that may be accessed through our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those third-party web sites.
1. Use of Material. LRFA hereby grants the user or browser of this Site (the User) a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license (the License) to download any documents and related graphics or other material displayed on this Site (the Materials), provided that (1) this is included therein, (2) use of the Materials is for informational, non-commercial and personal purpose only, (3) no Materials are modified in any way, (4) no graphics available from this Site are used separately from any accompanying text, and (5) all copyright and other proprietary notices are retained on the Materials. Modification or use of the Materials in any other context or for any other purpose violates LRFA intellectual property rights and is strictly prohibited. The License does not permit the incorporation of the Materials in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. No permission is granted to use the Materials to hyperlink other Web sites with this Site or to use the Materials in any other Web site in any way or for any reason. If you violate any of the terms of the License, your permission to use the Materials automatically terminates, and you must immediately destroy any copies of the Materials that you have.
2. LRFA Liability. While LRFA uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Materials contained on this Site are complete and accurate, the Materials may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. LRFA makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Materials or about the results to be obtained from using the Site and the Materials. Use of the Site and the Materials is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Site and may be made at any time. LRFA assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Materials contained on the Site. LRFA reserves the right to make changes in the Materials contained on this Site at any time without notice.
3. Links to Other Sites. The Site contains links (Links) to third-party Web sites (THIRD Party Sites). LRFA is not responsible for the content of, nor is aware of, all Third Party Sites that are linked to this Site. The Links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by LRFA of the contents on such Third Party Sites. LRFA is not responsible for the content of linked Third Party Sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such Third Party Sites. If you decide to access linked Third Party Sites, you do so at your own risk. LRFA has not authorized the Third Party Sites to use any trademark, tradename, logo or other trademarked or copyrighted material of LRFA. The fact that a Third Party Site is linked to this Site does not imply that LRFA sponsors, licenses, endorses, is affiliated with or is otherwise connected to such Third Party Site, the products or services described therein or its owner. In no event will LRFA be liable to any party for use of a Third Party Site.
4. Trademark and Copyrights. LRFA is an independent non-profit corporation. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights and other indications of origin displayed on this Site (Trademarks) are owned by LRFA or a third party who has granted LRFA the right to use them on this Site. Nothing contained herein should be construed as granting the User the right to use any Trademark displayed on this Site without the written permission of the owner of the Trademark. Misuse of the Trademarks is strictly prohibited. LRFA will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution. The copyright and other rights associated with all of the material contained on this Site are owned by LRFA or are included by LRFA by permission of the legal owner. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided by the Terms and Conditions without the express written permission of LRFA. LRFA neither warrants nor represents that your use of the Materials will not infringe on the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with LRFA.
5. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless LRFA, its officers, board of trustees, employees and representatives, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Materials or your breach of the Terms and Conditions. LRFA shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
6. Images. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, LRFA. The use of these images is prohibited unless specifically permitted by this Agreement or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
7. User Information. LRFA may use the information obtained relating to you, including your IP address, name, mailing address, email address and use of the Site, for its internal business and marketing purposes.
8. Updates. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions. You agree that your continued access and use at this Site will bind you to any new Terms or Conditions.
9. Questions. If you have any questions regarding any portion of this Agreement, or if you wish to inquire regarding rights of use not explicitly granted herein, please fill out an Contact Us.